The media constantly reminds us that this is an era of heightened scrutiny of municipal securities transactions by the Securities and Exchange Commission and the Internal Revenue Service. We have the knowledge and experience to craft practical, efficient compliance solutions for issuers of tax exempt debt. The firm also has extensive experience providing legal and strategic business advice related to the formation and implementation of many high profile tax allocation districts and redevelopment projects.
In addition to offering issuer’s counsel services, we serve as bond counsel, disclosure counsel, underwriter’s counsel and trustee’s counsel in public finance transactions. Sample representations include:
· Co-bond counsel in a $448,965,000 transaction to refund water and wastewater revenue bonds
· Issuer’s counsel in a $120,000,000 tax allocation district financing to fund a 22-mile loop of transit, trails and parks around a major metropolitan urban core
· Issuer’s counsel in a $1,200,000,000 commercial paper program to provide short term financing for water and wastewater projects
· Special counsel in a $50,000,000 authority transaction to finance a new public safety facility
· Issuer’s counsel in a $36,820,000 transaction to finance public improvements